And so it begins

Ever wondered who writes most travel stories?

I'll tell you.

It's journalists who've been given a freebie.

Whether it's a week on the Gold Coast or a boat cruise in the Whitsundays, offer it to a journo, and they'll jump at it.

Just don't expect an unbiased story when they get back to work.

So instead of a page of fluff about cocktails at the latest five-star resort in Queensland, I'm bringing you the ultimate travel guide.

A trip around Australia.  All of it.

I'll be looking for the best holiday spots, the most interesting people and the coldest beer.

No kickbacks, no freebies, just honest travel advice.

Best of all, I'm doing it on a shoestring.  This is tightarse travel at its finest.

On Friday, I'm flying to Darwin to begin the adventure.  Stage one will be Darwin to Brisbane, via Mt Isa.

Join me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From the Gutter to the Stars (Lightning Ridge Part 3)

Queensland's Killing Fields

St George, it's your time to shine